Hello! My name is Zoe and I am a second-year UVIC Education student. Aside from education, some of my hobbies include being out in nature, reading, coffee, and all animals (especially frogs and pigs).

I am very excited to start this new journey of an ePortfolio! This is my first real blog as a University student and I am looking forward to seeing where this journey takes me. I know that engaging in online resources is very helpful as an educator but it is also very intimidating to me. When I was in my teens I had Tumblr and Twitter for my “blogging” needs but, of course, it was very much stuff that was not relevant to my professional self.

I have created a Twitter account, @zoejacobson63, for anybody who would like to give me a follow! I am already stressing about all the resources available in the social media world though. I have so far spent quite a bit of time surfing through all the different accounts I can follow and all the information they have… it is a lot. Although, I am confident that with time I will get used to scrolling through the Twitter feed and enjoy all the benefits it has to offer!

I can already tell this ePortfolio is going to be very beneficial for me as a future educator. I hope to continue to use it after this semester ends and keep it for all the resources I (and maybe others) can use later in life as well. I am very nervous but also excited to continue on this tech-y (I know that is not a word but it feels right to use) journey.