There are so many diet trends always going around. Keto, juicing, and DASH are among the many. In my opinion, none of these are necessary for being healthy. Although, like breastcancer.org states, every person’s idea of being healthy is different.

To breastcancer.org, eating healthy means eating a variety of foods that gives you the nutrients that you need to maintain health, feel good, and have energy. So as long as your body is getting carbohydrates, protein, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals in a sufficient amount, you are good to go! So what if this means stuffing your face in a box of cookies every once in a while?

In this post, I will be exploring a bit more about recipes to share that are packed full of nutrients. A couple of weeks ago I was very sick and I did not eat anything the whole day. My body was fatigued, I felt even sicker from not eating, and I really just needed some nutrients in my body. What did I do? I ordered Subway to my door. Now I know this is not the best of options but it is definitely nutrient-packed. We got protein (turkey), fat (cheese, sauce, and bread), carbs (bread and sauce), and vitamins/minerals (spinach, tomatoes, cucumber). With these recipes, I hope to help you eat some nutrients when maybe you have not eaten much that day (and you want to opt for something a little more healthy than subway). Sometimes we do not eat much, for whatever reason, but t is important to remember to eat because your body needs it!

Here is a recipe for a great macro bowl. The great thing about bowls is there is so much you can put in there, and you can pretty much just fit whatever from the fridge in there. This recipe is a great example of a nutrient-packed recipe with chickpeas, kale, rice, and much more.

The Macro Bowl with Turmeric-Tahini Dressing

What’s even easier than bowls? Salads. This salad has lots of nutrients with its chicken, avocado, strawberry, and spinach. I am not sure if you have ever had strawberries in your salad, but you will forever after this.

Lastly, a pure staple in my life, beef and broccoli. Rice gives you carbs, beef gives you protein and fat, and broccoli gives you loads of vitamins and minerals including iron, which will get your energy up.

Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry

I hope this post made you hungry and made you want to eat some delicious food!

Here is the link to the breastcancer.org references I used above: https://www.breastcancer.org/tips/nutrition/healthy_eat