Beginning the ukulele, I have decided to look up a video on YouTube for an easy song to learn. A song that came up is “You Are My Sunshine” and I thought this would be great for younger children. I watched the video and went along with the video. I wrote down in my notebook a chart of what the notes I will be playing are. This was I can use this notebook for reference when practicing the song. This song does not have any strumming patterns so it isn’t too difficult. I have continued to practice this song about 3-5 times a week for approximately 20 minutes each time. I have progressively become better at singing and playing at the same time. I am very tone-deaf so this was a bit difficult at first.

Additionally, since I have just started to learn the ukulele and it has been a long time since I have read sheet music, I decided to use a YouTube video instead of reading sheet music. I do not see myself using sheet music for my second song, but possibly my last song for the final if I am feeling confident.

Here is a photo of what I wrote in my notebook. I sketched the finger placement for C major, F major, and G major. I have been able to memorize these finger placements very easily due to writing them in my book because I find I am able to retain information better when I write it down.

Here is the video I used for “My Little Sunshine”